- Chop the veg and fry in oil until lightly browned and starting to caramelize.
- Throw in chopped garlic - I like garlic so I put in three cloves.
- Toss in a tin of chopped tomatoes (I didn't have any so whizzed up plum tomatoes in my blender).
- Add a teaspoon of sugar, a teaspoon of red or white wine vinegar (optional) and chopped oregano (or herb of choice).
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Cook on the stove until the vegetables are fairly soft.
- Adjust seasoning according to your personal preferences.
- Serve and enjoy ( parmesan makes a big difference but it's still good without the cheese).
Optional - drink a glass of red wine with your meal and dream that you are sitting in a restaurant overlooking the blue Mediterranean. Bon Appetit!